PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF
Thread: CARDIFF
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2008, 21:18
caaardiff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Access to CWL isn't the best. But i think any new roads links or improvements are not only aimed at CWL, but at Barry and further Vale areas and St Athan.
Access from West Wales either means routing through Bridgend and the Vale, past Llantrisant. Carrying on the a48 to Five mile lane, or heading further up the M4, off at Junc 33 then back on yourself through the nightmare that is Culverhouse cross. None of these being a pleasant experience at certain times of the day.

As for the name. They tried cwlfly.com. Great promotion for the website, but thats about all it has done. Why they tried to brand the whole airport with this beats me.
Something simple and to the point, like the present 'Cardiff Wales Airport' is sufficient. It defines being Cardiff's Airport, and Wales' international gateway (if you can call it that)
I really dont see why it needs to be named after someone. There are very few places in Wales named after famous people - Stadiums, parks, landmarks, Bus/train stations, its not a common thing to see.
They could always play the Welsh card and rename 'De Cymru'. But how many people from abroad, or even some Welsh residents would really understand or care if its a Welsh name.
Better still, to drum up support they could create 'Ohwhatsnotoccuring.com' international. To see what the public want to see at the airport!

Last edited by caaardiff; 7th Jul 2008 at 21:35.