PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SARH to go
Thread: SARH to go
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2008, 21:09
Bootneck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a tad more willy waving if I may.

Crab, put down the bat and read your post #91 again please. I know you hate c&p but I'll save you chasing it down.

you said they lied not me but I wonder if the MCA really understood the difference in operational capability between the first standby (full autopilot) and any replacement aircraft brought in (usually no autopilot) and therefore not suitable to overwater night or IMC SAROps.

Please, where did you get that idea from. If you can tell me where and why a civilian operator would produce an aircraft for SARops without an AP I, along with many others would be curious to know. There's a Deferred Defects List available for each aircraft type. I don't have it for the 61 any more. However the preamble for the Tiger has the following line.
"The existence of these lists does not preclude the captain from accepting the aircraft under such circumstances."

You insult the ability and integrity of the civilian pilot world, especially those who haven't had the opportunity to work in the armed forces, at will. Most of us wore green ovies, they don't make you a better pilot, training and more training from knowledgeable instructors does. Your line about the amount of training and checks a Military SAR pilot does exposes your lack of knowledge, again. Do us all a favour and take a day off (as suggested by many contributors), go to Lee or Portland, ask them how many checks they do every year, before winch check rides. It used to be 13, but may well have increased, and that included a written paper.

Unfortunately this medium removes the intonation and inflection present in speech. That's a real shame as I'm sure most of us would enjoy discussing your points in a pub. I repeat that using any form of insult which lambastes a person's perceived mental state is unacceptable, and degrading.