PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways: risk of turbulence on Willie Walsh’s flight path
Old 7th Jul 2008, 13:46
Glamgirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PiB,

You suggested that Jetsetlady and myself is the same person. Not true at all. We can prove it.

You are doing yourself no favours here at all.

Claiming that your son did a PPL at 17 but decided on a different career. How old were you when he was born? 4? 8? 11? I'm saying this, because you age is showing as 34...

Your offensive remark about Budapest being in a third world country shows that you're living on a different planet than the rest of us.

You seem to accuse anyone who works for BA who don't agree with you to be management.

Your head seems either too far up in the clouds or up your own backside, I can't quite figure out which one it is.

You need to wake up and smell the coffee. Cuts are going to happen (they've been happening for years). It does not mean I agree with it, I'm just looking at it from a survival aspect.

Yes, I could go and work in the City or wherever I pretty much like (I do have a degree or two) for better money than I earn now. However, I would rather have job satisfaction and be happy within myself, as long as I can earn enough to house, feed and clothe myself, instead of earning plenty more money and not be happy. Money isn't everything for everyone.

As has been mentioned on this thread before, where were the unions when SFLGW t&c's were agreed? Did you contact management when Alpha Catering Scotland had to cut 600 jobs because BA decided to do return catering on Domestics? Did you give any support to LGW when we were cut to the bone? We've had most of our European night stops taken away. We lost most of our DF routes. We operate with 3 crew on most short haul flights. We earn less than LHR folks (didn't you mention something about a EU law preventing this from happening?). Have you been involved in the cuts at other departments in BA? They are being scaled down in a way we've never imagined. Some of our ground staff (check-in, drivers, ops etc) have had to apply for a flying job or leave altogether. I can't see you defending these colleagues who've been with the company for probably a lot longer than you.

Now, if you could maybe grow up a bit, and stop throwing your toys out of the pram and learn to not be so arrogant, the world will be a happier place, I reckon.

Gg

(apologies to everyone else for another long post)