PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should I Quit the HKAOA?
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2008, 12:52
iLuvPX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BlunderBus, just looking at the track record of the AOA, makes for an easy decision to leave. There are a few dreamers out there that think the Association is actually protecting them from accidents in foreign countries and the company.

I dont know for a fact, im sure there will be many who would correct me, but has a CX crew ever been involved in an accident overseas where they were incarcerated and needed the AOA to come bail them out??? What would the AOA do even if that happened?

I've been very critical of the AOA, due to it being broken and useless. Im not however, anti-union. I just want one that I believe is looking out for the best interest of the pilot body they represent. We currently dont have that.

So by continuing to support the AOA you are basically saying that you are happy with all they have done for you in the past, and will do the same in the future. Voting with your feet, not unlike those who left the company, is the only way to show the AOA that you are feed up with their dismal performance.

PX