PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LONDON CITY - 2
Thread: LONDON CITY - 2
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2008, 10:47
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The police think they are above people. I was travelling through LCY last year and being young and not dressed in a suit but in Jeans and T-Shirt (not like typical LCY pax) the officer at the top of the escalator said "this area is for departing passengers only" I said "Yes, thank you" and carried on walking.
I agree completely. I have frequently observed the coppers at Canary Wharf Underground, with a team of PCSOs stopping and searching people under the Terrorism Act, presumably searching for explosives considering they have dogs. In the time I have seen them doing this they have never stopped me as I wear a suit or anyone else wearing one, they always stop ordinary non Asian people, blacks whites etc. I have never seen a Pakistani / Afghani looking person stopped yet. That would be profiling......really I'm NOT exaggerating. Oddly enough, the one day I was out of my suit on a weekday at the Wharf station, I nearly got pulled over!

What are a team of PCSOs gonna do against the real threat? Nothing. What are two plods with guns gonna do when someone at check in blows themselves up? Nothing.
Now the latter is *VERY* unlikely, so I'm not being alarmist. Just tired of being glared at as if I am a terrorist by the most ineffective deterrent ever....