PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Exodus from Skippers (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2008, 01:23
skycapt_73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SDT, you have brought up the fuel starvation issue with XUE, and after about 3 mins of research i have found 2 other examples of fuel starvation due to issues/problems with the fuel monitoring or measuring system and equipment causing over reads (ATSBR's 200700368, 200504768). Both of these were due to reliance on the electronic fuel measuring system. SK's response was to impliment a checking procedure across all fleets once a day that ensures the fuel indication system is indicating within tolerance.

I am not sure where the smoke you speak of is but i am ready to listen if you truly believe it is there. The procedure that was previously followed (relying on the fuel monitoring equipment) was an accepted process by many operators, and since these issues have been popping up operators have implimented checking procedures similar to those implimented at SK's.

If you are suggesting that the actions of the crew were incorrect when faced with an engine failure on short finals, again a procedure has been implimented to cover immediate action in this event, but i would not be to quick to hit on the crew actions as it sounds like the A/C was yawing all over the place and the crew managed to get the A/C claned up and on the ground safely and that is the most important thing, when faced with everything that was going on they saved the A/C.

If you want to queston crew actions an throw mud maybe you could leave skippers alone for a minute and go over to the QF forum and ask how TJE suffered fuel starvation in the main tanks while the centre tank was still loaded on its way from Perth to Melb in Aug 07? (200705093), i mean almost 25000 hours of experience and no one noticed? im not sure but i dont think that has ever happened at skippers?

p.s. believe me I am no party member and i appoligise for the insult (it was late), but i do believe in constructive criticism, by the way have you put your wealth of knowledge to any good yet?