PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Scrap 6/3 pattern
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2008, 00:53
Dolley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And this is where the problem is....the company has the right to change our roster pattern with only as little as 90 days notice to us.
Which is why we have to be a really strong voice, and be united!
Join the union! (easyjet has done Unite a huge favour, I know of 30 people who joined within the last couple of days -that includes quite a few FTC btw!!!) Tell your friends and co-workers to join. Tell the FTC to join as well....at the end of the day, they've got nothing to loose....if they won't have a job at the end of their contract they stop being in the Union, if they do have a job they want decent T&C as well....
Don't just moan - but send an email to your rep! Tell your office as well (they won't care but at least you've given feedback....it's their problem what they make of it.).
Think about the future! If you allow them to start random rostering at the smaller bases, it'll only be a matter of time when they start it in the bigger bases!
Be serious about it and think about the consequences...this might well mean strike action if it comes to that. Think about it: Are you really prepared to go this far? If not, you might as well start random rostering now!
Be aware of politics! I sometimes wonder how much they try to manipulate us to get what they want of us....for example....when they said we can only book 9 days of leave between May and October....huge out-cry, big mess up....company lets us sit with the threat for a while and then says: 'Oops, we didn't mean to upset you, so we are really nice to you now and instead do only 6 days between July and September' and almost everybody is relieved and accepts it without a big moan. My theory is that they wanted to do 6 days between July and September anyway but thought they push it further, firstly, because you never know, you might get away with it and secondly, you'll get away with what you really want and won't get any complaints as the first 'threat' is so much worth.
So I'm almost wondering when the next email comes along and what it will say...
As for the Pulse results....we will get them at a political and strategical convenient moment, in which the company can use them for their goals (which mainly seems to be trying to scare us, so that we won't moan too much, and most importantly, won't ask for more money in October).