PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry into CASA.
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2008, 00:34
SIUYA

Received 81 Likes on 25 Posts
Arrow

Bilbert............

Ahah.........yet another PPRuNer who's having problems using CASA! But it sounds like you're one of the lucky ones if your system actually still works (albeit badly) with CASA. Are you sure you're using the latest version Ver: Regreform/iteration/100000000.35897621.135924?

My system simply stops altogether if I try to use CASA. All I get is the BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) when I try to use it, which seems to suggest that something awful's happened, and the following information is displayed:

A problem has been detected and CASA is not working properly.

SESSION1_EFFECTIVE_AVIATION_REGULATION_FAILED

If this is first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If problems continue, or if this message reappears, please write to the Australian Government to ask it to disable or remove CASA. If you need to use Safe Mode or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 and select JAR-OPS or FAA FAR Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x0000006F (0xC0000020, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I'm no computer geek, but suspect that there are a very large number of system bugs in CASA that are presently decreasing it's functionality, and resulting in it more or less permanently hanging and preventing effective aviation regulation in Australia at this point in time.

Last edited by SIUYA; 7th Jul 2008 at 03:08. Reason: Some additional thoughts.