PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A300 Flight simulation
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2001, 19:11
moggie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Latest - I apologise if my question brought a stream of vitriol down upon you, that was not my intention. I was infact taking a dig at the Sun, which most intelligent people will regard as a worthy objective.

As you will see from my post on "Vertical Stabiliser" I have tried to give you help, but at the same time I would also ask you and your colleagues to try try to rein in some of the "experts" who crawl out from under the woodwork to give us theories with no evidence to back them up. I have made the point on the other thread that until MUCH more evidence is available we will have little or no idea what happened to that Airbus yesterday, and anyone who tells you otherwise is a fool or a liar.

If you are aiming for informed, accurate and sensitive journalism then I applaud you and ask you to do your best to raise standards. However, excuse my contemporaries if they are a little touchy about some of the rubbish written/spoken in the media recently - I am in agreement with them on most of it!

If you stick to the facts, avoid wild speculation and accepth that it takes time to get to the causes of accidents then we will gladly haelp you - but scare stories are not good for our job prospects, so don't be surprised if we are critical of the results of journs efforts.

Maybe if your login name included the words "TV news researcher" then we would be happier. At present it contains no info about your motives for being here, although I recognise the frankness on your profile. However, we do not all have the time/inclination to check profiles.

Again, apologies for the assault - that was not my aim.