PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FMGC Question LLXING/INCR/NO
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2008, 16:09
K.Whyjelly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by javelin
Mainly used on longhaul to note crossing of Lat or Long. If you asked to call another OAC at, say 45 north, you would enter N45/1/1 which would put a waypoint along your track line at 45 north.

On the A330 on TransAtlantic you simply type in 45N (or 33W or whatever you need) and enter it into the LLXING section without bothering with the 1/1 bit (Inc/No). This puts the waypoint in.

The time we use all fields is whenever we want to put a reminder of where to plot 2degrees of longitude after crossing a NAT Track point. We plot purely for SA and track confirmation. For example on my route over the pond yesterday with points at 6220N, 6230N, 6240N, 6150N and 5960N I entered the info as 22W/10/5 and this gave me waypoint checks at 22W, 32W, 42W, 52W and 62W. We always put this information into the Sec Flt Plan Page because we don't want to send corrupting or erroneous data info via the CPDLC that is required from the primary.

Got to do it all again tonight as we flog back Eastbound from the States, so, whilst I'm hard at work() you all enjoy your warm beds!!!!!!!

Last edited by K.Whyjelly; 6th Jul 2008 at 19:10.