PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clark Institute of Aviation
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2008, 13:51
Mikkideez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Straight to 320?

FStripes, I am not too familiar with the MPL program, but isn't there a way that these students of the MPL be allowed to enter Cebu Pacific through its ATR? I mean if they are truly qualified to operate an Airbus after graduating the program, I am sure that they are more than capable of flying the ATR.

The pilots that enter Cebu via the ATR begin with at least 700 hours. How would they feel if someone, who entered with hours less than theirs, occupies the right seat of the 320? I am pretty sure that they would not be happy...and it's not about the amount of money that the MPL cadets have dished out because a lot of the new ATR pilots have shelled out their fair share of moolah and sweat just so that they could start this wonderful career of being an airline pilot. I just think that that would be fair. That's just my opinion of course.

But for the cadets, I wish you the very best in this career that you have chosen. Hit the books and study hard so that it pays off well in the future. Try to stay away from these forums because it's what it is...a forum...a place where facts and hear say (chizmiz) get intertwined, and end up as convoluted matters. In short, if your just starting an aviation career, start it by learning all the basics, and not getting involved in issues as to who did right or wrong in CA. Good luck and have fun flying.

My two cents. Cheers.