PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 6
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2008, 09:56
INKJET

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The powers that be in the highways dept together with local goverment will be well aware of the problems that affected Silverstone and will not want a repeat at EMA. I agree 100% that there will be chaos without some major plans being brought forward to address these issues.

The airport and airlines will be asking the same questions, this event will require a licence in order to go ahead and the police will have to approve any plans not least because of the respones required in the event of a major incident, can you imagine how the emergency service would react if there was a full blown incident?

I think if i was in Tiny town or Easyland i'd be thinking about moving all the volume med flights to either BHX or COV or making them overnight flights for that weekend, in any event trying to run a normal weekend program would end up with so many slot delays, crew problems and pax who miss flights because they can't get near the place.

Of course a lot of pax are so well informed these days they will probably avoid using EMA this weekend in 2010 so its something that all the planners need to get their heads round PDQ