PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MultiFlight Leeds
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2008, 07:05
Shunter
Upto The Buffers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a small point here, but the 152 doesn't have a crosswind "limit". It has a maximum demonstrated crosswind - that is not a limit, merely what was demonstrated during certification of the aircraft. Sure, they will apply a limit to students going out solo (sensible enough), but it wasn't imposed for dual flights when I learnt there. The 152 can cope with way more than 13kt, it simply depends on the skill of the pilot. Being able to handle crosswinds is a valuable skill in my opinion. The other thing with Leeds is that by the time you've finished your R/T will be excellent.

I did my PPL there (whilst working full time), in just over 3 months, in exactly 45hrs, with 12 different instructors. Wasn't a problem. The fog & low cloud thing is a little overblown, as probably 75% of the time Leeds isn't flyable, the likes of Sherburn aren't either.

My strategy was to book 3 or 4 lessons during the week, and 2 on Sat/Sun (1 in the morning, 1 in the afternoon). Some weeks I flew 2hrs, some 5hrs. If you're flexible and available at short notice, make sure they know that.