PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RIAT Colours Parade - echos of the Great Escape
Old 5th Jul 2008, 19:59
KeepItTidy

Charlie73
Whilst I agree it's yet another task we have to fulfil, have a thought for your mates deployed elsewhere in the world, there's worse places you could be! We're in the military, get a grip. If you don't have a sense of humour you shouldn't have joined!!!
Although I know what you are saying Charlie , we got 2 lads there that have just done there stint out in the sandy places, as well as had 2 weeks of guard duty as of late as well , and to have this now with one just had a kid born , only reason they doing it as they were the only ones nominated by the bosses to do it , I can see from where I am that it is no wonder we are loosing guys , good guys with plenty to offer but they just are not getting a break.

ps I just want to know where it is laid down that you can only join the military with a sense of humour, I think you will find that discriminates people with no humour , mainly the leaders of the Military
But comments like that are from old school and you are more than likely a SNCO that works in a bay and does the occasional 4 month tour every 4 years , you have friday afternoons off work and have sportsdays. If im getting warm tell me to bugger off