PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Age Discrimination: Fighting the CAA! (+ update)
Old 5th Jul 2008, 19:41
uncle ian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agincourt,

I did not spend so much of my time and my supporter's money without first ensuring that the up to date medical evidence demonstrates your position (and that of the CAA) on the fitness of 60+ year olds is at least 20 years out of date.

I am not entirely surprised that the Industrial Tribunal has been insufficiently robust to rule against the CAA and untill I see their reasons (for which I must apply in writing) I won't know how they have ducked the issue. I always thought this process could lead me to the European courts ultimately and that any decision in our (old boys) favour would come too late for me personally.

All the indications I have seen are that many, many pilots of all ages agree with my position and that any blow for personal choice and freedom from an increasingly tyranical state so perfectly represented by the law makers and enforcers that is the unelected body which regulates us is worthwhile.

It's heartening to see that I am being offered moral and, indeed, financial support on this busiest weekend of the helicopter calender. A weekend on which there is such a shortage of suitably qualified aircrew that even I have been pressed into service.

I have no intention of giving up this just fight easily.

Ian Evans