PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class 2 Medical Validity
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2008, 19:19
Daifly

Class 2 Medical Validity

Hi,

I'm sure this will have been done to death, but a search of the boards doesn't seem to mention anything.

I had my initial JAR Class 2 Medical (prior to that it was a good old CAA Class 3...) done coming up three years ago (I don't have my logbook or licence with me at the moment as I'm working abroad). I remember at the time being amazed that it was only going to be valid for 3 years as previously it had been 5, however the Doc explained that under the new rules that changed to 5 years, or until your 32nd birthday whichever came first. Well, for me the latter was the case which is the end of this month - presents/cards welcome.

Now though, looking at the CAA's website, a Class 2 will be valid for 5 years or until the holder's 42nd birthday, whichever is the sooner. (Although I've found posts on here which reference the 32nd birthday?)

I am confused (and slightly annoyed that I've been robbed of two years of medical!) - have I made it up, or was it a mistake to begin with? Either way, if it was a mistake, I guess I have to stump up for a renewal now regardless as the expiry date is 2008 on the certificate.

Someone tell me I've not gone mad please :-)

Cheers, Daifly

==========================================

Actually, bit more digging on CAA website and I find that they changed the rules at the end of 2005 (6 months after I did my fecking medical!) - I guess that I don't get an automatic extension then until 2010 - I have to do the revalidation? It's not a major issue, just it was pretty expensive last time (for a medical...) Thanks.

Last edited by Daifly; 5th Jul 2008 at 19:35.