PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Arabia - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 5th Jul 2008, 09:11
W Weasel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlytoParis:

Yes there are a set number of minimum days off. It is set by the GCAA and basically it says you have to have 7 days off each month, with a 3 month average of 8 days per month. In other words you could have 7 days this month, 8 days next month but then you would need 9 days the 3rd month.

Also the definition of a day off means 2 local nights in base (which is important in ABY’s operation.)

There are other rules based upon days flying (7 consecutive days requires 2 consecutive days off) etc. but not to worry; just about every reg in the books will come into play.

For example, I have 9 trips this month with 12 days leave,7 days off and 3 days that start just before midnight (23 hours off prior to flying on those days) or end just after midnight.

Yet this roster has 63 block hours, 82 duty hours and pays 90 hours in basically 9 days. It is an extremely hard schedule and I will have to spend a few days recouping but still!

So don’t worry about days off. You may have a weak month (a lot of low time flying in many days) here and there but more often than not you will run against some limitation that forces days off on top of your schedule.

As for KTM, it has had some big changes. Crews are no longer based there nor are we over-nighting there any more. It appears to have been a bust for even the cabin crew are now flying out of SHJ. I believe they only have 1 airplane still flying out of there and what the future holds in still up for grabs. You must realize, there are so many routes where we absolutely fill planes at any price that marginal 50, 60 or 70% load factors are unacceptable.

Burners & Out

Last edited by W Weasel; 5th Jul 2008 at 09:29.