PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2008, 07:53
JoelRH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi edman,

Between high school and applying:
Basically after high school I was put in a situation where I couldn't leave Sydney (other family member medically related reasons) until 2004. I was also quite financially limited at this point as well due to more or less the same reason.

This isn't the first time I have applied !

First was in 1999 I applied for ADFA. Failed at the interview stage - Unknown; possibly age. Was asked to come back.
Came back in 2005. Failed due to motivation - reasons for applying - general knowledge. Asked to reapply in 6 months.
Reapplied 2007. Through to PSA!

My advice - Keep applying until you get in if thats what you really want to do. I heard of someone who was successful after 5 attempts!

They will question my motivation. I will be preparing that the most. I know my own motivation is strong, but explaining it out may be difficult. My constant reapplying might show motivation. Explaining my choices will be hard but maybe my flying aptitude will cut me some slack !

I have approximately 60 hrs all accrued before 2002 which means Ill be assessed with people who have never flown; "Band 1" inexperienced. Which may or may not work in my favour. I think I would be okay in the advanced stream but I'm happy to be in the beginner stream.

My preferences. Air force; Navy; Army.
To be honest I would be happy flying in any service.

Cheers
Joel.