PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Planned CFIT?
Thread: Planned CFIT?
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2008, 07:30
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SB
You may have missed them
- yes, my apologies. I would prefer the chart were renamed 'Cloudbreak R13'. Not familiar with Aerad/Seychelles. I still think it qualifies for a 'straight-in' from circling minima, and the extra track miles will probably give a 3 deg slope, although you would have your work cut out from the MAP. VOR 'C' R13 is clearly a circling app while VOR 'Z' is again drawn for a 'dog-leg straight-in'. It is strange that 'VOR Z' approach for R31 is also a 'straight-in while the 'A' is clearly circling. I would anyway expect this a/port to be CatC and all this covered by company brief. Check this against Jepp 13-2 for R23 at LPMA which is titled 'Circling VOR DME Rwy 23' and is similar in plan. It is of note that the Jepp for FSIA R13 does NOT show the word 'circling'??

Vref - I agree with your "unclear", but suggest that if you descend from 11D to 1760' by 6.5D at an appropriate rate that would be fine. I'm sure someone has talked about the shaded areas before on Aerad. I've looked at the Jepp which is a lot better, and indeed shows the profile I suggest. It also shows spot heights and the highest on the approach is 1503' at around 8D, hence the comments on the B763. Again, a thorough look at the chart/briefing should have sorted that out.

Some time ago in another discussion it was suggested that vertical terrain profile plus perhaps a 'critical' radalt check would be a good inclusion on charts.

Thank heavens I don't have to go there