PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA have booked me onto the wrong exam!!
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2008, 23:35
jockspice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry CAA have booked me onto the wrong exam!!

This may get long winded but bear with me.

I hold ATPL (H) and I am bridging over to ATPL (A). Back in April, I put in my application forms to sit the final 3 exams through Bristol GS, sitting 2 in June (ATPL(A) P of F and Perf, both passed) and the final Composite or Bridging exam in July, next week, as it happens. Now, I knew the exams were next week, but as of today, I still had no confirmation from the CAA that I am booked in, so I rang them up this afternoon to confirm. After a bit of rummaging around by them, amongst confirmations that the "notification had been sent earlier in the week", they tell me that I am booked in for my exam on Moday at 0900. Fab, says I, now I know when to be there.

It wasn't until later that I realised that my exam is supposed to take place on day 2, not day 1, so it looks like I have been put in for the CPL (A) bridger instead of the ATPL (A) bridger!

I still hold the forms that I faxed to BGS, and they are correct, on the ATPL (A) forms, with the exam on Day 2 ticked in the correct month, so it looks like the cock up is theirs. Now, given the fact that the notification has been posted (but not arrived) less than a week ago, I couldn't really change my booking 10 days before the exam, as is required, so I think the CAA has dropped the ball on this. Being the CAA, they don't work weekends, so I will have to turn up Monday to try to sort things out.

What does anyone think of my chances of negotiating a change of exam and date at Gatwick on Monday, to sit it on the following day? Has anyone had this snag before? I know there is nothing I can do now but turn up, but some encouragment would help!