PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - S76 Accident in California
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2008, 19:12
Gomer Pylot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know where the old Gomer went. I didn't even know he was gone. I'm not really trying to post on every thread, I just have had some time on my hands. 3 threads or so isn't close to all of them.

I don't say anything about EMS in Europe because I don't know anything about it. I simply can't comment on how or why they do things.

Managers aren't all money-grubbing tyrants, but they are all influenced by the need for money, and their salaries are all based on short-term profit, and they are obliged to act accordingly. That's the same here or in Europe. The difference there is that there are unions with some influence which can rein them in to some degree. In any case, threads are being mixed here.

My point above was only that discussions about Cat A and PC 1 is academic at best, for much of the world. We can debate it ad nauseum here, but it won't make an iota of difference in what happens in the world. Most pilots I know use some variation of the approach posted by Swamp 76. Aim for the far edge of the deck and use whatever it takes to get it down. I tend to make slower and steeper approaches than some others, but not drastically out of line with them. I don't think we really disagree very much on this, other than the utility of the debate on this forum.