PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canada-UK direct!
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2001, 11:50
glenn.w

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Onan, what is your problem with Manchester UK? I have obviously missed something in your previous postings but I seem to get the impression that you have been deeply effected by some event in my city, (which incidently is now the most visited city in the UK after London and Edinburgh)I agree that like all major conurbations there are problem areas but your attitude towards the city is both blinkered and childish.

How can you state that the UK public generally dont know that the Commonwealth 2002 was a one horse race? do you have your finger on the pulse of all 60 million residents?.

50% of my family live in Toronto and I have visited on many occasions. I could hurl many negative observations about the place but I wont stoop to your level.

If TORONTO is lucky enough(or rich enough to bribe the olympic commitee)to get the games, then I hope they do a better job than the previous effort that Montreal is still paying for!!

Finally to any other readers out there Manchester is a great place to visit, but dont expect a mini London. The city has a capitalised on a booming demand for entertainment and housing and at the same time preserving its industrial heritage. In true MANC speak the place is "Buzzin".