PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Donington : the heliport from hell ?
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2008, 17:02
HeliCraig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I roughly echo what B73 said. With the obvious proximity of EMA, perhaps the number of heli movements for the GP will fall.

However, having flown in their earlier this year I think they will need more than the current "square" they have fenced off for the purpose!! Of course I am sure this will be one of the whole raft of facilities which they'll have promised to improve in time for 2010. Wonder what this makes of Silverstone's plans for a new paddock area which were in the papers earlier this week?

I fly into a few of the motor racing circuits to watch my brother race bikes (or I did until he broke his Collar Bone last weekend! ), and Donnington is 1 of only 2 who don't charge!! Quite how MSV (owners of Brands, Snetterton etc) come up with the £50 they charge to land I do not know. I suppose that Donnington will be charging for GP day, it'd be madness not to!

I am sure, though, that the ATC'ers at EMA will fit everyone in - they are one of the friendliest and most helpful lot I have ever spoken to...

... should be interesting come 2010.

Have fun those flying this weekend. Only next years briefing to do!!