PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2008, 16:19
dragonfly6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ctc gave me every last peice of flight equipment i needed apart from a book for A5 aerodrome plates, some bulldog clips, and some fine coloured permanent markers for keeping a map and plog filled in. They will provide everyhting you need for ground study including study guides, online learning systems crp5's rulers compass, calculator etc. They even give you the uniform; in fact if you turned up in your underwear youd be fully prepared.

They were very thorough in giving information concerning what you need to do or take to NZ during meet and greet, they gave me a full checklist, however i did my meet and greet two and a half years ago.

El supremo - your opening a can of worms there. The inherent risk in deciding to train as a pilot is ever present whether you think your on a sposored scheme or not. The industry can be extreemely dynamic and somtimes not in a good way. Something you think stands one day turns out not to be the case the next with little or no warning. The course rarely follows the planned schedule, and the financial logistics present their own issues in an industry and economy that is constantly shifting.

Whether your position at the end of training puts you in a circumstance that still matches up with your initial contract with the bank is somthing you need to think about. You have to take a look at the industry, where its going and the economic climate and wiegh that up against how much you want to be a pilot. No short cuts or fail safes im afraid. Even on a sponsorship scheme like ctc the bottom line is you dont have a job secured when you take out the loan.

Last edited by dragonfly6; 4th Jul 2008 at 22:12.