PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways: risk of turbulence on Willie Walsh’s flight path
Old 4th Jul 2008, 16:16
Dezso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think everyone in Virgin, BA etc will all have to make big sacrifices. The tough times are already here and some people need to open their eyes to this fact.

The Flight Attendants at BA will scream and shout desperate to hold on to their huge pay packets. I do not doubt the Flight Attendants union will call for action, but unless airlines act now it will be nothing but a slow painful death. I am not surprised that WW is looking to save money, I bet Virgin do not pay their onboard managers £60k a year, they can probably hire two for that pot of money.

I also read with a smile how so many crew at BA think with much smugness that they are far superior to all other airlines. I guess the managers tell you this day in day out, but to be honest you are not the best. I have seen crew sweet talk passengers then give them a questionnaire to complete, probably hoping the customer will stroke their ego, I bet the questionnaires that do not reflect well for crew end up in the bin. Seriously please don't believe the hype there are other carriers out there with really good crew who go the extra mile day in day out.

That said I have had some good flights with BA but I have had some superb flights with Qantas and Singapore.

PS How much do BA pay their Supervisors?