PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2008, 16:14
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CO to EWR and the vanishing CEO

I've emailed the South West Regional Development Agency today asking what they are doing to try to get local businesses to support the route in greater numbers.
I did get a reply and the guts of it is this:

We have and will continue to work with Paul Kehoe and his colleagues to promote the service to our business contacts and potential inward investors and promote the benefits of travelling from the regional airport over Heathrow. A challenge the Airport faces is that many of the major companies and potential users of the flight based in the South West are often not headquartered here and travel procurement decisions for global organisations can take place outside the region. Bearing that in mind we have also helped the Airport promote the route to US tour operators to increase inbound tourism which will also increase usage of the flight.

Fairly routine sort of reply - what you would expect I suppose.

However, they won't be working with Paul Kehoe at BRS any more - he's off north along the M 5. It's like musical chairs in the CEO's seat. Wonder if Andrew Skipp will come back.

Does this mean there will be yet more delays to the expansion planning applications to give the new man or woman time to review them, as Paul Kehoe did when he took on the job?

Last edited by MerchantVenturer; 4th Jul 2008 at 16:27.