PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2008, 14:40
cliffnemo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Terrel Texas

Hi Bravolima.
Very pleased to receive your contribution.
Why don't you join me and take some of the blame ( only joking .The blame I mean ) Think you must have reached Harrogate after me , they offered me a commission as a pilot in the fleet air arm, which I refused, but more about Harrogate later if this blog runs that long. My oppo at R,A,F Wunstorf had been a glider pilot on the Arnhem trip and came back on a stretcher. he got a wound stripe though.

Thanks for the info on coms in a PT17, shows us Limeys were more advanced than the Americans, with our Gosport tube.

Wonder if any one is interested in the fact that there was an air provost branch bloke at Harrogate who's only job was to log low flying aircraft As soon as any one got away from Harrogate their sole object was to dive bomb the Majestic with toilet rolls and what are now known as condoms (partially inflated) Rumor had it thaat a Spit knocked off a chimney pot.

Sorry folks for the diversion, but am waiting for some Ponca excersise books I gave to my Grandson. with some memorabilia. That's if he hasn't swapped them for an I-pod.

Atten ------shun. I want three volunteers , you, you, and you.