PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2008, 11:59
dragonfly6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jaimz1982,

ye there have been cadets not finish the course. Its not a secret that some dont make it through. i think the failure rate is somwhere in the vicinity of 4-7% ish - dont quote me. In the two years i was there id say about 13 cadets didnt finish. Thats out of 2 or 3 hundred cadets though. Its a fairly tough course but if you mean business and combine hard work with stamina youll be fine and will enjoy alot of it.

Im sure it will go well for you. id say if your thinking about this stuff already then youll have no problems.

Any advice before you go out there?
The best tip ive got is take plenty of plug adaptors, a good sense of humour - you will need it! some sort of pooleys plate book/folder to hold your A5-aerodrome plates in (dont be like me - get one at the start and save yourself months of having paper flying round the cockpit every flight). Also youll need some bulldog clips for your maps. Invariably theres a rush to buy this stuff when you get there.

You might need an unlocked mobile phone handset aswell to put a pay as you go sim card into to save you buying a mobile out there. And dont spend too much money in firecats (youll find out).

Youll have a testing but positive few years.

thats all i can think of.