PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways: risk of turbulence on Willie Walsh’s flight path
Old 4th Jul 2008, 11:49
directX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is my first post in this forum and I am just a simple SLF - the guy that ultimately provides your pay cheque at the end of the month. In response to Poof in Boots various posts I would offer this advice. I have travelled over many years now with BA and other airlines in all classes. What BA did have in its favour in the past (a reputation for reliability, safety, good customer service) has long been lost in the perception of most passenger's.

PIB still seems to be clinging on to that old superior and supercilious attitude that we Brits have had in the past and has been prevalent in SOME BA cabin crew (not all). The idea that only a certain type of people fly with LOCO's is not a reality. Poof in Boots you would probably I guess be one of the people using LOCO's if you didn't already work for your superior and far better airline. I might fly business class one week if long haul and low cost another if within Europe. Now that my tickets are not bought by someone else I look for value for money. BA cabin crew (and I have a few as friends) do not usually have any experience of flying with other airlines due to their staff perks. If you did, it might wake you up a bit to the competion out there. BA business class to Asia or Australia when you can get much better service on most of the Far East airlines at a lessor cost - I think not. And although I am not a Ryanair fan, easyJet provides strong competion to BA - I flew last week to Berlin with them at half the cost of BA (on full planes) and will be going to Amsterdam with them next week for £50 return all in.

I never thought I would say this but even the Luton experience now is better the using a BAA facility, including T5. Well managed security queues and no need to use check in usuing easyJets on line facility.

PIB - you say that all your flights to the US are full - but BA reported today a drop in load factors of around 3-4% the US being one of the losers. Basically all BA planes on average are flying with 25% empty seats.

Also I couldn't let your snide comment against the French go unanswered. I flew bus class on Air France's new LHR to LAX in May and it was a first class experience - food, seating, customer service on the ground and in the air was better than BA and for alot less dosh.

Be warned - times are going to be very hard in the next 18 months or so and we don't all have limitless pockets to continue paying BA's fuel surcharges.

Sorry to have ranted on a bit.