PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF WSO Crewman
Thread: RAF WSO Crewman
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2008, 10:36
PerAdUK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"minigundiplomat",
Thanks for the wonderful info there mate, if there was one thing that would put me off working as WSOp it wouldn't be detachments, it wouldn't be the hard work, it would be having to work with grumpy, pessimistic pedants. But don't worry, you won't sway me that easily.

My written communications serve me quite well as it is, ok there's the odd flaw here and there, but I'm pretty sure you and and others have made them too at some point.

I have given plenty of thought to working on fixed wing thanks. All I did was state my current preference. I would be delighted to work on a nimrod. Or a Globemaster or any other aeroplane for that matter.

I will be putting in plenty of effort for my OASC thanks. I've been physically fit for a long time anyway so that's no problem, I'll cope with any mathematical or logical problems, I've just spent a year at college doing physics and programming so my mathematics is well oiled.
Teamwork and leadeship I should be okay at too, it's never been a problem in any of the competitions I've entered with the expedition team I'm on.
If anyone has any tips for what I'll likely encouner on OASC would be greatly appreciated too, thanks.

Thanks for the advice, and yes I will be putting plenty of thought into what I am doing, and I already have done. I understand I don't know as much as I need to, which is why I came here. I think it would be pretty unreasonable to complain that I have shallow knowledge, when my soul purpose in coming here was to seek more knowledge.

I appreciate what you're trying to tell me, constructive (maybe?) ctiricism and all that... And I am trying my hardest to get all the info I need, but I'm struggling.
I also appreciate the fact that people like me must get quite annoying after about the twenty-millionth one... So cheers for putting up with me anyway. :P

P.S. If anyone knows any websites where I can read up on more info I'd be really grateful! The RAF site is pretty limited. (yes, I did a google search, that's how I got here kind of.)