PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - Wannabes & Recruitment
Old 4th Jul 2008, 07:02
Jetstream-Surfer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Courses and destinations

Very exciting news about the launch of the Brissy-LA route.

Internal friend heard that the first course will be at the beginning of September in Brisbane and and Sydney course will closely follow. However most remaining courses will be in Sydney.

Although there will be Brissy-LA flights as well as the SYD-LAX, there will not be a base initially in BNE, just SYD...,but the aim is to have a BNE base as well. I suppose crew doing a BNE_LAX trip will do a positioning sector from SYD-BNE but I think that they will have to nightstop in Brissy because otherwise they will run out of duty hours...,so it could be a lovely trip!!! I heard at interview the trip should involve 48 hours there, so if you save your allowances and dont splash out on designer clothes, the money will be OK for most. Sydney cost of living is an issue but I for one am going to find a group of crew on my VA course ( thinking positive, I WILL get the job!) to share accommodation with to make it cheaper, until I get the discount on VB so I can commute.

I heard too that they might do NZ flights so that the aircraft in SYD isnt sitting on the ground all day after it gets in from LA, 'cause it gets in around 9 am into SYD and doesnt go back out to LA until almost 13 hours later....,aeroplanes on the ground don't make money!!

I think next week or 2 will be the longest wait for us all, we should find out/be offered a contract within the next couple of weeks!

Good luck all!