PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2008, 06:02
JoelRH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

Today I found out I have been selected for a Pilot Selection Agency course - 26th July. The whole process started over 8 months ago back in November!

As I'm 27 I really don't feel age is much of a factor at all. It has never been mentioned during the whole process and is I think a bit dated. Possibly more related to aptitude to learn new skills.

I started flying when I turned 15 but personal circumstances meant I couldn't really pursue the career until now. I haven't flown since 2001 but I love flying and can't really see that as a barrier.

Will now spend the next 3 weeks getting as much information as possible, and preparing; I've been jogging a fair bit, and just going over all the basics.

Anyone else found out they are in the July 26 program? Swap preparation advice?

What really helped me get this far was a phone call to an actual pilot in the air force - Flight Lieutenant Steven English. He helped me understand amongst other things leadership opportunities as a pilot and other duties pilots may perform whilst on base. I.E. Safety Officer, General Social Activities Officer. Leadership example: Finding a potential safety hazard and referring it to a commanding officer, or working out a safer way or a more efficient way to conduct a certain task.

Good Luck

Cheers, Joel.