PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: AsA ATC staffing levels
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2008, 01:17
SM4 Pirate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chimbu,

I agree wholeheartedly, the testing validation process is done in the main with university types; when I was at university I had a very different circadian rhythm than I do today; lifesytle, friends, parties vs working, families and household chores.

FAID is a part of the 'FMS'; but the other elements of the FMS don't kick in until you bust the magic FAID score.

FAID is not measured against 'task performed'; it is universal; the task of Melbourne Tower is very different to the task of Perth Approach; particularly in the wee small hours.

ASA is a joke, but they have someone, or something they can blame when it goes tits up, such is the safety culture at the moment.

The senates "beyond the midnight oil" report called for 'ATC Duty hours' yet 8 years later we have an inept regulator unable to process a simple regulation change guaranteeing safety as a higher priority than ASA's profit.

There latest excuse was that hours are contained in the (principles of Rostering" (POR) section of the Certified Agreement so it's not needed; yet the employer whilst giving us nothing so far has indicated it need more rostering flexibility; ie the PORs are up for grabs according to the employer.

The devil in me says give'm up and then wonder why the workers call in sick twice as much; however they want to change sickleave too.