PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: AsA ATC staffing levels
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2008, 00:28
max1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chimbu,
I'm reasonably certain that is the one we have, unfortunately ATC don't have regulated hours under CAO 48 , and CASA have been quite happy for our rosters to operate under our Principle Of Rostering (POR's).

It is these PORs that ASA would like to get rid of. They are not that restrictive .

They allow among other things, for a return to work after only an 8 hour break, and that 10 shifts in a row can be worked. Through Facilitative Arrangements shift lengths of 15 hours have been worked. They mandate that you must get at least a 20 minute break in a 7 hour shift, except if you work in a remote single person operation e.g. regional towers, where you are on your own.FAID tends to give all these things a big tick.

ASA consider these things restrictive and archaic, and would like to roster split shifts i.e. work 5-9am to cover the peaks, then return and work 4-8pm that evening and count it as one shift.

We have been to CASA to regulate hours but this is in the 'TOO HARD' basket and they are content for ASA to self regulate (sound familiar), and I am loathe to think what timeframe would be involved if ASA got rid of PORs and we then relied on CASA to implement regulated hours for us.

You are right , FAID is a scam.