PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dispatch/Ops Qualifications
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2008, 00:17
OCNL EMBD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just to highlight

no sig
i'm fully agree with you concerned the accuracy of icao modules.
European fdo has another way of look at his job.
Italians thought that faa licence is the best thing on the aeronautical panorama...I don't think so... It helps us to adjust our curriculum only and to add on a bit of value on it, but that's all. some companies use to send their guys in USA to earn experience on their playground...and some other use to do on the job training, following skemes and skills, doing some tests
It's a long way to be the same. taking from 1 to 3 years to be released as dispatch officer "combat ready".
Actually, Italian CAA (ENAC),requires that for any dispatcher fully released,
His companie gives him an internal licence based upon his personal sillabus collected during the basical training and for any type of aircraft he/she goes to dispatch(pre-planning phase, flightwatch,normal/non-normal ops.
WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE THAT IN THE FUTURE EASA WILL FULLY RECOGNIZE OUR JOB AND ITS IMPORTANCE?
john:
if you look into your big own experience into RAF...if i were you i'd rather be in a cargo company... i think that fedex guys and stuff like that, may can learn how to load a big canister there are so many companies that need experienced people.
by the way if you wanna be a dispatcher...let it flow in that way.
It is a good job anyway, even if stressfull somedays. It's a part of the game to be in an airline company

Happy plannings
OCNL