PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing evidence that the downturn is upon us....
Old 3rd Jul 2008, 22:28
p111lot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahh the old you if don't like it, don't read it post.

If you truly arn't all that bothered if anyone reads your monotonous pessimistic lectures, why bother to waste your highly valuable time with them in the first place old chap? And might I add not just post them the once, but many times over and over.

I'm not buying this 'helping young wannabes' routine either, you come across as the kind of person who despises young wannabes.

To go back to the original topic yes there does appear to be a downturn upon us but no one here has a crystal ball. Most highly experienced economists haven't much of a clue as to what lies around the corner.

All we do know in respect of the airlines is that some of the largest are posting record profits for last year and alot are still recruiting, and recruiting freshly trained pilots as well as experienced ones. Is this about to change? Probably, maybe yes. Will we all be working in the local fast food outlet soon? No.

Also I think most wannabes who borrow vast amounts of cash to train do so knowing the risk and most are well prepared for a long wait to get into the RHS.

Maybe there should be a similar thread where WWW and a couple of his equally deplorable 'mates' can decide to stop trying to dominate this site and let others discuss things without the same old same old I know more than you palaver.

Being a member of a site for 10 years doesn't make you any more knowing or better than the next member. I notice your a 737 captain, what would you say If a very senior 747 captain came on here and took a similar attitude towards you?

Regards,
Hank