PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing evidence that the downturn is upon us....
Old 3rd Jul 2008, 22:28
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
High handed to say the least!

WWW your last post is he most high handed and patronsing that I have seen in a long time.

Quote:most important one on the Wannabes forum because every day I get pm's and emails asking just how some teenager should best waste their parents re-mortgage.. So it stays.

It is not for you to judge if way that someone spends their money is a waste life is about going out and making what of it you can, not sitting down and meekly cowering to the self appointed good and great.

Having left a crapp school with 2 GCSE's and careers advice to "do something in a factory" I discovered that if you work hard at something you can make a sucsess of it and now thirty-four years later I have a command, current A320 and B73NG type ratings and the lifestyle that I want.

None of this was achived by listening to the self apointed good & great like yourself, if I had I would still be sweeping factory floors.

I happen to agree with you that borrowing money at the moment is not wise and a self financed modular route is probably the best at the present time.

So it is time for you to put away the high handed all knowing sky god attitude and come over with a little more practical advice for the guys who will be your First Officers over the next few years, we know that some will fall by the wayside along the path to the airline flight deck but I know of no one who has regretted trying to improve them selfs but there are a lot of people pushing brooms who have not achived anywere near full potental because they listened to the likes of you telling them that they would never make a go of it.