PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Orlando Flight Training -CABAIR
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2008, 21:00
Capt Loop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
100 hrs around 3 to 4 weeks
CPL 2 to 3 Weeks (probably a LOT more at OFT)

All depends on the availability of the aircraft and if they are not being repaired !!!!!!!!!!

You only have to read the comments about OFT. There are LOADS of negative (and rightly so after using them just for hour building) and a few good comments (Somewhere, I am sure) on PPRUNE.

Weather is usually pretty good in March, so you wont lose much days doing no flying.

Kissimmee is open 24 hours, Tower closes around 19.30 ish and then goes to a unicom frequency. However OFT wont be open 24 hours to put the airplane away and close the flight etc. !!!!!!

Flying at night in the USA is good fun..... when you cant see the airport click 3 times on the unicom frequency and the airfield lights up. Also the air is super stable at night in Florida. You wouldnt have any problem flying at night other than a lot of airfield facilitys might be closed if you were going to land away other than flying to just burn holes in the sky.

Personally, I would look at Ormand Beach Aviation for the Hour building and CPL. I have used them and found them a far better organisation as long as your motivated to fly and not waste time by not flying. I did 100hrs IMC and Multi in 4 weeks back in 1995 at OBA.

PM me if your want any more advice

Regards
Capt Loop