PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing evidence that the downturn is upon us....
Old 3rd Jul 2008, 18:31
triplesevendriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greetings to all, Long time reader first time poster (and last time poster).

Despite what many on here are posting recessions are never the same they are all different! Back in the 1990's interest rates were at 15% today they are at 5% also back in 1990 the government set Interest rates and not the Bank of England.

This is just one of the differences, certainly there are also similarities but there are also crucial differences. The world is a completely different place to what it was 20 years ago and especially different from the 1970's they just about had motorways back then for Christs sake.

Now can I just say I hope this End of The Civilised Western World happens very soon and that WWW finds himself looking for a job at "Maccy D's" then maybe just maybe he will no longer be able to afford the $10 per month for the Internet and hence will no longer be in a position to keep preaching to everyone on this site.

My advice to any young wannabe is to ignore his gloomy predictions, as by his own admission he is an 'Amateur Economist' i.e. He really knows sweet fa about the economy. If you feel that you need any such advice go and speak to a professional.

The economy is obviously slowing as any intelligent person (fresh faced 18 year old or miserable old 737 captain) can see for themselves.

I await the smart arse replies from the aforementioned and his cronies. Wish I was such a miserable git. Shame the orange brigade arnt looking for 777 pilots ey

(It will probably go something along these line....I sold my house because I knew the world was going to end so wont ever work flipping burgers I'm far to intelligent as I get told everyday..by me, myself and I)

To the rest of my professional colleagues and young wannabes, best wishes for the future..lets hope the world doesn't end by Christmas otherwise...See you at the burger bar!

Buena suerte y Adios

Please feel free to slate me, I wont get all high and mighty about it maybe just have a good chuckle whislt I sit here in the 30 degree heat of LA.