PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Whats a weel paid job if not PILOT
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2008, 15:18
AlphaMale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why do CTC state;

> have 5 GCSEs including Mathematics, English and a Science at grade C or higher (equivalent qualifications will be considered)
> have 2 A-levels (or equivalent), preferably in Mathematics and one other science based subject (Physics recommended) at grade C or higher

... For their selection process?

I don't see many driver training operators requiring their students to have minimum academic qualification for their selection process? I just sent a guy on his ADR training (4 days and 10 exams) and they didn't mention a selection process?

I only answered this threads title; "Whats a weel paid job if not PILOT".

Taking into consideration cost of training + potential pay + odds of landing that 1st job I think trucking might be a good one. Admittedly with the haulage operators protesting over the cost of fuel in London at the moment I don't think I'd like to work in any industry that relies too heavily on oil prices.

Unite is seeking a minimum gross salary of £36,000 per year for truck drivers, about £2,000 more than Shell drivers’ current gross pay.

… £36k isn’t bad when you think you’ll have a better social life working for Wincanton delivering fuel to Tesco fuel garages than being a 737 pilot. I worked for Tesco while at Uni and the tanker driver was complaining about the cut in overtime as he earned just short of £40k before overtime and big bucks after it.

Phil, the CCNA, CCNB, CCND and CCNP is my back up plan. I have a mate who is an IT support contractor and he's earning £40k+ (he has with him over 5 years experience and a degree). He knows a guy working in the same company who earns over £100k and has a CCIE.

Again, with no IT experience who in their right mind will pay you to fix their networks @ £300 - £500 per day?

Given the chance I'd like to go to koenig-solutions in India for 2 months to sit the exams and get into contracting when I come back, only I'd like to keep my holiday leave for flight training so it's a chicken & egg scenario for me.