PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ghurka Rifleman PUN VC. Triumph! (Merged)
Old 3rd Jul 2008, 15:13
Sparky01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ms Donelly and copied to the whole executive.

Dear Ms Donnelly.

On behalf of the ex military pilots and staff of the only wholly NHS funded Air Ambulance Service I would like to thank the West Middlesex University Hospital for its kind, professional and successful treatment of Lt Pun VC since he was given the unrestricted right to live in the UK by the Government.

I am sure by now you are aware of the considerable disquiet and ill feeling that has been caused by the temporary decision to eject Lt Pun VC from your hospital and refuse him further treatment. The intemperate opinion of one hospital administrator that Lt Pun VC was not entitled to reside in the UK and receive free NHS treatment was totally incorrect in every sense, as well as being offensive to past and present members of the armed and emergency services. Having Lt Pun VC in this country is a privilege and honour. It is greatly appreciated that the Hospital has acknowledged it made a mistake and has now agreed to continue treating Lt Pun VC.

I am sure you realise the serious disrepute that has sadly fallen on your Hospital, the NHS and the country at large as a result of the ill-considered and hasty actions of your employee Mr A Finlay. I trust that Mr Finlay will make a personal apology to Lt Pun VC and that the hospital will assess Mr Finlay's future within the Hospital in view of the disrepute he has needlessly brought on its reputation.