PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - L@ser attacks
Thread: L@ser attacks
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2008, 13:41
Double Zero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The point I have been trying to get across ( no doubt badly ) in my previous posts is that deliberate, military design & use of lasers specifically meant to 'dazzle' or 'blind' enemy pilots has been around a long while- apparently there are such definitions, though what difference it makes seems a tad superfluous !

So, 2 things occur to me;

1,The military well have a countermeasure of sorts, if only on high value assets; our 'good guys' have promised not to use such nasty weapons, but I'd be surprised if they haven't considering coming up against them.

2, It seems the commercially available kit, while nowhere near as bad yet, is narrowing the gap - and for those of you flying in nasty areas, I'd suppose coming up against even the military kit is a possibility...

Would some highly public hard sentences for such idiots be a counter, or trigger some perverse trendy new entertainment and just worry SLF ?!

Or, I hope some dept. somewhere is 'looking into it' - ( well, not if you'll pardon the pun ) and coming up with something.