PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet Holding Pool
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2008, 12:30
Norman Stanley Fletcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wingandprayer - Just listen to the 'noises' right now from Head Office. Our 'senior managers' have taken a pay freeze (albeit immediately after they had received their bonuses and annual pay rise!). Fuel is expensive, our share price is low etc, etc. Cabin Crew are being forced onto a random roster pattern. Quote me on this later in the year, but I reckon it is a racing certainty that we will be threatened with either job cuts, changes to conditions or pay freezes/reductions. What we have to be really wary of is the fact that we are actually going to make a profit this year. If this is what is happening now we should be alarmed at what would happen with an actual annual loss. In short, we should not move one inch from the pay deal offered to us (RPI+0.5%). I can guarantee if fuel dropped in price by 50% and we made twice the expected profit, then tried to get more money in October, it would be a very short meeting indeed with our management. I trust that when the inevitable call to BALPA is made, it will be an equally short encounter!