PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - who are your nicest celebs?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2008, 09:45
ozangel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When ground crew Ramp/Checkin:
Russle Crowe (semi-frequently) - a real gentleman, remembered our names, always came out the back for a chat and threw a few bags onto the barrows.

Tina Arena: Has a fantastic way of avoiding fans approaching. She smells AWFUL! Her entourage were hippies and she's about 3ft tall (that said, was pleasent enough).

Cornelia Frances (Morag off Home and Away). Truly terrifying woman to look at (peers at you down her nose through her glasses sitting at the bottom of her nose - jokingly barked at me 'get me out of here'), smells like she's been drinking heavily in a house fire, but a lovely woman.

Kerri-Anne Kennerly had nice luggage, shame her fashion sense is AWFUL, and was a bit of a princess (big town girl lost in a regional world).

Onboard

Anthony Callea - incredibly charming, flirty (though i was serving him the good scotch from business class), and very down to earth. Gave me a gentle hug and a peck on the cheek as he disembarked. Remembered me when I saw him at a nightclub 2 weeks later in sydney as the guy who was getting him the good scotch...

Blair (the guy off big brother 1 and neighbours). Great to look at, but a bit of a princess and a bit full of himself. (perhaps he had caught me staring at his arms - but he was wearing a singlet!!).

Roberta Williams (of Underbelly/melbournes gangland shooting fame) - a classy, hillarious, down to earth woman who I reckon would be a scream to take to the gay clubs!

Pete Murray (on the same flight with roberta) - looked homeless - slept - almost left without him (maybe he had been camping out in the departure lounge to save on accommodation - who knows).

Steve Vizard - was kind enough to only speak to me in his famous 'gay flight attendant voice' (off fast forward fame). Gave him a hug and said he was my inspiration...

Judith Durham (of seekers fame)... I had to go to the toilets and shed a tear, my late grandmothers (and my mothers and mine) favourite vocalist - told her my mother sang me Morningtown Ride as a lullaby as a child... Everything I had imagined her to be, classy, australian, and down to earth.

Stevie Wright (Easybeats - they sang Friday on my mind). In not the best of health these days, took a turn for the worse on my flight and required first aid - assisting this legend was a humbling, sad, yet proud moment.

Kate Hudson - quiet, initiated conversation, showed a genuine interest in our lives and felt more like a good friend than a passenger - even joking/teasing me about a very attractive bloke behind the curtain in economy.

Barry Humphries - have to disagree - for a man that once poured fruit salad into a sickbag and then ate it with a fork (as a joke), I couldnt fault him! Quiet, respectful, and appreciative.

John Howard (when his aircraft broke down during an election campaign) - although the PM of australia, a simple man who responded respectfully and politely to another crew member who confronted him about them only earning $380 a week after tax thanks to his magical AWAs. Was genuine, polite, inquisitive, and was very content with the Vegimite sandwich Janette had packed him in his lunch box, only asking for water. That said, despite my respect for him, i'm glad he is not PM!!!!

Guy Sebastian and his girlfriend/now wife (winner of Aus Idol) from ADL. Was very sweet, and took time to go down the back and sit with the 4 unaccompanied minors and help them colour in, chat etc. You should have seen their glowing faces when they got photos with him, and then when they were telling their parents at the arrival gate! Offered to move him to the best seats in the house but he declined and ended up sitting with his girlfriend and the kids for landing.

The guy who does any Aussie tv ad that requires a blokey bloke sounding like he's salivating (hungry jacks, holden), and appears on thank god youre here... anyway he sat there with dark sunnies, refused to talk, when he did he was rude, and pre-empted my colleagues offer of a drink from the service cart with 'I'm just trying to get to sydney, can you leave me alone and just treat me like a normal person'. Much to his embarrasment, she replied with 'Sorry you feel that way, but would you like a drink from the cart?'

(theres more... but need a drink!)

Last edited by ozangel; 3rd Jul 2008 at 10:01.