PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2008, 08:04
gkyip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Jim. I'm on CP65 going out in September. I wouldn't worry about being told your not good enough! If you've made it through selection, then you have already shown that you are the right material for CTC. Remember that only around 4% of people who apply acually get offered a place so feel proud of yourself, well done mate! Also you have plenty of time before you go. Have you received your pack yet? If so then that details pretty much everything you need to do and it seems pretty straightforward. It's more important that you get your medical cos everything will come quickly after your medical. I'm pretty much done with everything. I've sent a cheque for insurance, met with HSBC for the finance, had my medical and sent off for the VISA. If you have any questions, ask Daphne. Finally, if you're on Facebook, join the CP groups and you start to meet the wonderful people who you'll be around for the next 2 years! I've also found it useful to check other earlier CP's facebook groups so you can see what is coming up and ask for advice if you're stuck! Just enjoy the fact that you're going to NZ in November and I'll see you out there!

daveandg: There are 8 partner airlines in total (officially) who are:

British Airways
easyJet
First Choice Airways
Thomsonfly
Thomas Cook
Monarch
Jet2.com
MyTravel

BUT it gets confusing as MyTravel and Thomas Cook have merged. The ones who employ the most are BA and easyJet with the main difference being that you need to go through BA's own selection to get a job with them (but well worth it I think). As far as First Choice Airways is concerned, I wasn't aware that they have merged with Thomsonfly. I think they are part of the TUI travel group but remain a separate airline. (Remember that they have ordered 787-8 Dreamliners, due for delivery in 2010!)

There is also CityJet but as you already know they have their own selection and scheme.

In addition there is Pacific Airlines based in Vietnam (which is where you will be based if you end up flying for them).

I'm not sure about Jetstar. I'm sure I read somewhere about them being associated with CTC but I'm not entirely sure.

The main thing to take away if that out of all of the airlines, easyJet is the most likely employer with BA being a good possibility if you pass their selection.

Hope that helps,

Gary