PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SARH to go
Thread: SARH to go
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2008, 21:47
Lost at Sea

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HAL,

What's interesting is that the MCA ran an excellent SAR service for 20 years and then the RAF got involved......

Crab,

It's nice that you can dismiss an RAF £3 BILLION pound wastage of public money so flippantly. If everyone else in the service has such scant regard for the taxpayers money then its little wonder they don't want the RAF to run SAR!

The SARH bids have been carefully scrutinised by a team of subject matter experts as far as technical issues go which is why so much of the bu** was noticed this time.
If it takes a team of subject matter experts to work out the range of an aircraft then who in the RAF gave the MCA the technical advice in the first place, a cook?

How many times have all the military SAR machines been U/s? none! Oop North sometimes Lossie might go off state for a while and but it isn't that often. It's not the same as not being able to do the job because your aircraft doesn't have its claimed capability.
If an aircraft can't do a job because its in the hangar in bits or because it doesn't have the range then its exactly the same. Neither aircraft can do the job!! How'd you like that argument? Nah, you'll probably ignore it and call me 'mental' again! (and it's not my aircraft)!!!!!

And I have loads of arguments but in true spin doctor fashion you choose to ignore them!