PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Knowing what you know now about this game, wud you have done it all in the 1st plce?
Old 2nd Jul 2008, 14:49
geordiejet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think airline flying will go from being a career for the affluent to a career that only the mega-wealthy will be able to get in to.

More pay to fly schemes (and they are getting more expensive!). Increased training costs. And fewer jobs. Meaning only those who can splash the cash will have a slight chance at getting a job.

The lack of funding out there is pretty painful (I tried increasing my 7.2%APR loan with egg by just a couple of grand - and they offered me 25%(!) for the entire loan - I didn't take them up on the offer - electing to just save for a little while. And I've a perfect credit record and a decent paying job.

I've noticed unsecured loans of any large amount must now be paid within 7 years (10+ years was easily achievable when I took out my loan 18 months ago), increasing the monthly payments of loans. Negative equity is already a factor for a small portion of the UK - and this will only get worse.

As for securing £80k + on parents homes at this time - crazy!

I also feel times are bleak for wannabes right now. But I am taking precautions to safeguard against this - and not charging like a bull, along with the deed's to my parents house into the unknown!