PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senior Australian army pilots accused of being cowboys
Old 2nd Jul 2008, 13:44
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Once again football tonight was particularly enjoyable with Queensland taking home the State of Origin decider.

Tibbsy, I think i am saying that this guy has as his field of expertise, training and helicopters. Surely he must have been taking a keen interest in watching his main support group, or more bluntly, defence, I.E. the one line that he knows.
I reckon he took his eye off the ball, and is now trying to scapegoat his actions by criticising his troops.

That is inexcusable.

As big cheese he gets to march at least two paces in the lead, with his sword drawn, and the bayonets behind, usually are at the shoulder.

I think he has tripped.

I've spent a bit of time discussing the selection criteria for the military vs the mustering type, with those that should know. For sure in both areas flair and personal endeavour is a requirement, not to be confused with ego, which like euphoria, doesn't count for much when the chips are down. a fact which crudd is finding out.

Those qualities make excellent pilots with the right mentoring.

Lets not forget that this guy is at the top, and can control. His team are made of people, good people. Any team will be as good as the people in it, saw that tonight at footy.
Does he have the capacity to nurture and cultivate those people, or does he lead by quashing the personal initiative of those behind who may represent competition?

Thus leaving the lead exponents in the field to a lack of direction when they are exposed to something beyond the ability of the big cheese.

I could also say that in private enterprise that many, when they get to the top, usually put their stamp on the "type" of person they want to run their show for them.
At the other end of the scale if you get elected to a position of leader where you have no control over the others elected as your team, you damm well get out there and open the right gates first day before the rest get out of bed.

his promotion lies in the middle of those scenarios, no excuses.