PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Qantaslink Traineeship/Cadetship/General Employment
Old 2nd Jul 2008, 09:43
highflyer87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brns2

With regard to direct entry and traineeship they both end up in the same boat, its just traineeship just takes that little bit longer if, you dont have all the requirements, 100PIC, MECIR and ATLP's. Then once you have completed ur type rating and ground school, they put you as a training FO for a period of time, then your checked to line. But obviously if you went Direct entry you would already have requirements and you would only do ground school CRM..etc and then type rating then line check. Personally id say apply now as it is a great opportunity and u wouldnt want to miss it. And also to my knowledge the sim ride is easlier for traineeship due to the fact that many applicants dont have MECIR, where as direct entry they expect you to have experience flying on instruments. With basing, Cairns is the hardest to get a basing there due to the life style and none of the pilots want to leave, Mildura is similar, but sydney, melb and canberra have plenty positions...

correct me anyone if i have said anything wrong...