PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PNG Ples Bilong Tok Tok
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2008, 06:41
Sharpie

Retired Tiger pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Dero Klub!

I met the jap bloke at the aero club when he first arrived looking for a job with very basic hours. Not a bad type of chap seeing that he was the first since Sakura to grace the skies over Jacksons.

Dero Klub 2008 (PC 02/06/08)

Is the Aero Club serving its purpose ?

I would like the general public to be aware that at Seven Mile in Port Moresby, there is a place that they call “The South Pacific Aero Club. It is falsely trading as it is not a fully operative aero club to the fact that there is no trainer aircraft or instructors to facilitate the training of local students that may wish to become pilots.
In fact, I have seen aspirant people turned away (overseas students also) when they have enquired at the place, to be told it is a drinking and meeting place and does not facilitate the name as advertised.
As the so-called Aero club is on CAA land and therefore under CAA jurisdiction and trading 24 hours a day even during holidays, we wonder if it’s true purpose is to help the young in a properly set up place that stands true in the name of this club.
I call on the authorities to investigate this “brothel” and shut it down if it is not serving its purpose for the developement of people and the country.

– Paul Vagi
Port Moresby

Hmmm. What will Ted do now. dim the red light? Will the Cone of Silence disappear? Only time will tell.